Ingredients: (Makes 2 loaves)
Mix the following, cover and let sit about 4 hours (till bubble and almost double size):
- 1 1/2 Cups Sourdough Starter (make sure it is at the peak of bubble stage)
- 2 cups Lukewarm Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon *dough enhancer
1. Shape into Ball and place in an oiled bowl, turn once and coat top with oil
2. Cover tightly and let raise to double size: approximately 2 hours (depending on your starter).
3. Punch down dough, divide into 2 equally oval shaped dough
4. Put into oiled bread pans
5. Cover tightly and let raise till dough reaches edge of bread pans
6. Cook at 375 degrees for about 25 min. (varies on oven).
*I found this gluten free Dough Enhancer - which I now use in all my breads - even if my bread is not gluten free.
3/4 C lecithin powder
3 Tablespoon pure Vitamin C powder
2 Tablespoon ground ginger
3 Tablespoon Cornstarch